MÔ TẢ CÔNG VIỆC
- be imaginative, with a good eye for a picture.
- have outstanding technical and photographic skills.
- have good communication and people skills.
- have good IT skills, mainly with computer programs such as Photoshop.
- be commercially considerate and good at marketing themselves.
- GENERAL PRACTICE – the most familiar type of work and includes family portraits, school groups and weddings.
- ADVERTISING – working on commission from advertising agencies, magazines and design groups.
- FASHION – can be studio based or on location, possibly abroad.
- EDITORIAL – involves taking pictures to illustrate articles, often in magazines.
- NEWSPAPER – working for any local or national press.
- MEDICAL – involves recording operations, experiments and postmortems for teaching and scientific purposes, often using expert equipment.
- SIGNTIFIC AND TECHNICAL – involves taking pictures for government departments and research institutes, often using cameras that allow for intense close-ups or high speed photography.
- INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL – involves recording industrial processes, machinery and buildings for research purposes or corporate literature.
- POLICE/FORENSIC – photographers record scenes of crime or traffic accidents for investigative purposes, and may supply pictures to the press.
DUTIES OF PHOTOGRAPHER
- Adjust apertures,shutterspeeds and camera focus based on a combination of factors such as lighting ,field depth,subject motion,film type and film speed.
- Create artificial light using flashes and reflectors.
- Determine desires images and picture composition and select and adjust subjects ,equipments and lightning to achieve desired effects.
- Develop and print exposed film,using chemicals,touchup tools and developing and printing equipments or send film to photofinishing laboratories for processing.
- Enhance , retouch,and resize photographs and negatives,using airbrushing and other techniques.
- Estimate or measure light levels,distances and numbers of exposure needed using measuring devices and formulas.
- Load and unload film.
- Photograph subject material to illustrate or record scientific/medical data or phenomena using knowledge of scientific procedure and photographic technology and techniques.
- Review sets of photographs to select the best work.
- Select and assemble equipment and required background properties, according to subjects, nguyên vật liệu, và điều kiện.
- Take pictures of individuals,families and small groups either in studio or on location.
- Test equipment prior to use to ensure that it is in good working order
- Consult with clients or advertising staff, and study assignments to determine project goals, địa điểm, and equipment needs.
- Direct activities of workers who are setting up photographic equipment.
- Engage in research to develop new photographic procedures and materials.
- Manipulate and enhance scanned or digital images to create desired effects, using computers and specialized software.
- núi, frame, laminate, and/or lacquer finished photographs.
- Perform maintenance tasks necessary to keep equipment working properly.
- Produce computer-readable, digital images from film, using flatbed scanners and photofinishing laboratories.
- Scan photographs into computers for editing, lưu trữ, and electronic transmission.
- Thiết lập, núi, or install photographic equipment and cameras.
Develop visual aids and charts for use in lectures or to present evidence in court.