JOB DESCRIPTION NETWORK ANALYST
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes, miundo, and implements communication solutions for the University’s wide-area data/telecommunications network and local area networks; handles technical responsibilities including Ethernet, TCP/IP, Gigabit Ethernet, SNMP, Novell Interfaces, LAN/WAN connections, Internet connectivity, wireless technologies, firewall, HP Openview, Packetshaper appliances, Network Access Control Appliances, Packet Analyzers, Video and Voice Over IP technologies.
- Manages outside contractors and student technical support staff on various network projects.
- Oversees and coordinates network designs with Network Architects; installs, modifies, and supports network communications hardware; performs diagnostics and repairs on communications and related equipment.
- Assists in developing, implementing and supporting performance, feature enhancements, and error detection/correction procedures for wired and wireless networks.
- Is available on a rotating schedule and responds to network-related trouble calls.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development; maintain continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
- Provides technical input into University wide technology planning processes.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of network products and utilities
- Knowledge of network protocols (IP, TCPIP, IPX, NETBUI)
- Knowledge of wireless technology
- Knowledge of performing wireless site survey
- Knowledge of data network equipment: configuration, testing and repair
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attentiveness to detail
- Strong service commitment
- Ability to be on call to answer pages
- Ability to develop network security policies
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to use work-enhanced software, including use of project management tools
- Up to date knowledge of hardware ,software and programming particularly relating to that used by the company
- Team working and team management experience
- Good negotiating skills
- Good organization and problem solving skills