Site inspectors impose construction standards and code regulations while
verifying structural reliability in new construction and renovation projects.
Individuals who have completed an architecture or engineering degree
program may be preferred by some employers, but high school graduates
with construction experience often enter this field as well. A professional
certification or government license can be required for employment.
1. To inspect and record the construction works carried out by
contractor on site and resolve the site generated quarries by co-
ordinating with the Resident Engineer.
2. To ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the
drawings and specification.
3. Supervision and Inspection of additional works and out of scope
works carried out by contractor.
4. Process the joint measurement forms and maintain the records of
5. Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment
and as-built plans.
6. Make special notes and document the contractors activities that
may lead to claims.
7. Be fair and firm in dealings with the contractor.
8. Consider the alternatives and consequences carefully before
9. Check temperature compaction joints and surface of asphalt.
10. Check all form works reinforcement etc before concrete pouring.
11. Co-ordinate and co-operate with Contractors site Foreman for all
12. Adhere to safe working methods and report to the resident
engineer for any accidents on site.
13. Maintain a detailed diary of the day s work activities issues work
approved or rejected hours of operation labour and equipment used
etc and sign at the end of each day.
14. Coordinate with the laboratory technician and arrange for
sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work and quality
assurance testing of suspect materials.
15. Checking the Day work records submitted by contractor.
16. Supervision and Inspection of all construction activities carried
out by contractor on site.
17. Maintaining records of site resources daily progress of work
inspections construction and workshop drawings method statements
and ITPs Inspector Testing Plans.
18. Making special notes and document the contract activities that
may lead to claims.
19. Drafting site instructions for any required variations from or
additions to the contract documents.
20. Report questionable methods of operations by the contractor to
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION Graduation from high
school and 2 years of experience in inspection or the
construction trades or any equivalent combination of
education and experience.