Job duties and responsibility
1) Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas so that health values are met.
2) Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
3) Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
4) Care for children and/or elderly persons by control their activities, providing friendship, and assisting them with dressing, bathing, eating, and other needs.
5) Carry linens, ručnici, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
6) Purchase or order groceries and household supplies to keep kitchens stocked, and record expenditures.
7) Run everyday jobs such as taking laundry to the cleaners and buying groceries.
8) Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
9) Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
10) Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, čist, and tidy.
11) Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
12) Remove debris from driveways, garaže, and swimming pool areas.
13) Replace light bulbs.
14) Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, posteljinu, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
15) Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
16) Sortirati, računati, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
17) Wash windows, zidovi, stropovi, i stolarija, waxing and polishing as necessary.
18) Assign duties to other staff and give instructions regarding work methods and routines.
19) Request repair services and wait for repair workers to arrive.
20) Deliver television sets, ironing boards, baby cribs, and rollaway beds to.
21) Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
22) Hang draperies, and dust window blinds.
23) Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
24) Observe precautions required to protect guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
25) Plan menus, and cook and serve meals and refreshments following employer’s instructions or own methods.
26) Prepare rooms for meetings, and arrange decorations, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
27) Take care of pets by grooming, vježbanje, and/or feeding them.
28) Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware.
29) Answer telephones and doorbells.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS A maid has to have notice to detail and a sociable and trained personality. Also, a maid must be able to track directions correctly. Physical potency is also an advantage for thrilling heavy household items and furniture when needed.
Anyone can be a maid as there are no exact education necessities needed for this job position. However, there are some individuals and agencies that prefer maids with training certificates and those without a criminal background. Some will perform a background check before hiring a maid.
Typically, a maid makes $9 per hour. However, those who have wide-ranging experience, or those maids who work in places with an high cost of living usually takes home $16 for each hour of work rendered. House cleaners and maids usually depend on the tips to increase their salary. In this line of work, a maid who usually works harder.