Cashier Job Duties Description
A typical cashier job description is to handle cash with utmost honesty with minimum mistakes , he also should posses all types of mathematical knowledge & reconciliation technique to do the job efficiently and correctly .
- Knowledge of Cash Register Machine like POS systems.
- Gestured customers with smiles and give upmost respect.
- The function of a cashier is to perform the duties in a friendly and professional manner ensuring a high level of customer service and store appearance
- Purpose for the Position to calculate and process the customer transactions.
- Verify register funds and complete appropriate cash handling.
- Maintain high level of accuracy level of over short variance
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by management which achieve the established goals of company and the client.
- Complete all cash handling and reconciliation forms.
- Use hand tools or equipment needed for your work.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet production and service time schedules.
- Identify menu selections and accurate pricing structure.
- Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as produced.
- Ability to cope with varied and fast paced activities.
- Ability to build relationships with guests and coworkers.
- Exhibit and practice the highest level of Guest Service Skills.
- Demonstration of consistent professionalism in daily assignments.
- Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
Customer Focus Areas & House Keeping
- Assist inform and advise the customer if this is requested
- To maintain the retail front of the house marketing and merchandising plan
- Cash reconciliation forms is basic role of cashier job description.
Cashier skills and qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent